Video: Mountain Lion Killed by Hunter in Mine Shaft

Hunting Discussions

Moderators: Barrett Forum, Samurai, Barrett

Re: Video: Mountain Lion Killed by Hunter in Mine Shaft

Postby Matt on Thu 20 May, 2010 10:57 pm

Personally, I have to say that when I have the opportunity to hunt (NOT stuck 15 feet up in the freezing rain for four hours), I do feel a bit of a thrill in it. Not for the opportunity to get a trophy, but in the skill needed to be able to approach a deer or game animal, or to be able to conceal oneself well enough to go undetected by the animals around you. As for trophies themselves, although I have none currently, I see any plausible ones in the future to be a sign of respect for the animal in a sense, A reminder of what was required to attain the goal. Not saying of course that my past attempts have been only for the trophy, as I much like venison, although it'd be better were I the one to attain it.
Matt

NRA Member: yes
Carry Permit: yes
Favorite Firearm: Mossberg ATR 100 in .308win
Favorite Ammo: American Eagle 7.62 168gr OTM

Postby LeoAtrox on Fri 21 May, 2010 8:49 am

Poor animal. That was a gorgeous cat. I don't like the idea of trophy hunting either. I assume that's what they were doing--out there to get that guy in the red sweatshirt is first tom--but there might have been a legitimate reason to kill that cat. Still, it is a shame to waste such a magnificent specimen. He took selveral shots to his thoratic wall and still stood his ground. What an awesome animal.
"Stupid can happen anywhere at any time; so you best be prepared for it."
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Semper fidelis
LeoAtrox
Continuing Member

Postby Ridz on Sun 23 May, 2010 1:57 pm

Well put Matt...made me think about the trophy mentality a little bit differently, although I still really hate Jim Shockey, nothing like the rich white man hiring a bunch of people who actually know what they are doing so they can get him infront of a huge (fill in the blank) and tell him when to pull the trigger. woooo hoooo look what I did Cletus :owned:
Ridz

Previous

Return to Hunting