Talon Ammo Reloads for 50

To Feed the Beasts

Moderators: Barrett Forum, Samurai, Barrett

Talon Ammo Reloads for 50

Postby burien on Thu 25 Aug, 2011 11:38 pm

I have a box of 150 rds of Talon 50 bmg loaded on early 40's brass i guess they broke it down and re-loaded it all, primers look very silver and marred, but shoots fine, not the most consistent but fun shooting, works fine in my M99 picked this up from Sportsmans guide in 2005

burien

NRA Member: yes
Military: yes
Favorite Firearm: G-29
Favorite Ammo: 10mm

Re: Talon Ammo Reloads for 50

Postby legend82 on Fri 26 Aug, 2011 5:32 pm

For the most part, Talon made some good ammo. Demilled it and reloaded it. Made the ammo that was corrosive and changed it to noncorrosive.Nice bonus. (easier to clean) I have a "bunch" of it in all flavors. That early brass is some of the best(especially for reloading).
legend82
Active Poster

Postby tommygun on Sat 27 Aug, 2011 8:47 am

I used to buy a lot of talon when it was still being made , not bad ammo all though i have had some that i have bought this was very inconsistent , but still shot ok , in fact i have a couple cans of it left , some times i found the powder charges where not all the same , but like i say was pretty good for the price
tommygun

Law Enforcement: yes
Carry Permit: yes
Favorite Firearm: MRAD
Favorite Ammo: Hornady

Postby burien on Sat 27 Aug, 2011 7:41 pm

just got done sizing it, have the Lee set up, had to remove the de-capping pin to size it all the way down, so i now size in 2 stages using Imperial sizer wax, great stuff. new to loading 50, what do you use to measure powder? I need a BIG powder pan for my electronic scale..
burien

Favorite Firearm: G-29
Favorite Ammo: 10mm

Return to .50 Ammo