Moderators: Barrett Forum, Samurai, Barrett

User avatarKoched
Active Poster
Favorite Firearm: 98B
Favorite Ammo: Lapua 300g HPBT

Recomendations for .308 rifle?

Postby Koched » Fri 18 Feb, 2011 10:01 pm

Hey guys,

I am looking to buy a .308 to compliment my Steyr Tactical Elite .223 and my 98B. Thought a 308 would fit nicely between these 2 calibers. I went to the local gun shop and they were talking about a Remington 700 Police USR. I want a nice looking rifle with super accuracy! Your thoughts / comments welcomed!

User avatarShadow
Continuing Member
NRA Member: yes
Military: yes
Law Enforcement: yes
Carry Permit: yes
Favorite Firearm: Any .50BMG Barrett
Favorite Ammo: API, of course

Re: Recomendations for .308 rifle?

Postby Shadow » Fri 18 Feb, 2011 10:48 pm

Koched wrote:Hey guys,

I am looking to buy a .308 to compliment my Steyr Tactical Elite .223 and my 98B. Thought a 308 would fit nicely between these 2 calibers. I went to the local gun shop and they were talking about a Remington 700 Police USR. I want a nice looking rifle with super accuracy! Your thoughts / comments welcomed!

I've recommended these before....

FIRST choice, I’d get the GA Precision FBI HRT Rifle……
It’s built with a GAP TEMPLAR Short Action in .308 WIN
22” Bartlein SS 5R barrel / 1-11.25 Twist
McMillan A3-5 Adjustable, Stock with 1 Stud 6 Flush Cups and an Adjustable KMW Cheek Piece & Spacer System Butt Plate.

It also comes equipped with a Sure Fire 7.62SSAL Suppressor Adaptor/Muzzle Brake attached. Plus many other great features. 3/8 MOA guarantee with Match Grade Ammo. You can check it out at this link:

http://www.gaprecision.net/ga-precision-2010-custom-rifles/ga-precision-fbi-hrt-rifle.html

SECOND choice would be……..The GA Precision Hospitaller
It’s built with a Surgeon Mod 591 intregal Short action - .308 WIN
24” Fluted Bartlein SS 5R barrel / 1/11 twist
Manners Composites, T-4A Adjustable Stock
It also has a lot of other great features. 1/2 MOA guarantee with match grade ammo. Check it out at this link:

http://www.gaprecision.net/ga-precision-2010-custom-rifles/ga-precision-hospitaller.html

Good Luck....
:drill:

Oh yeah...For fun, read some of the testimonials ...especially the one from HRT-Quantico, VA. :cool:
ImageImageImageImage

User avatarBad Rat
Favorite Firearm: 98B, 82A1, 1911 TRP
Favorite Ammo: Hornady A-Max & V-Max

Postby Bad Rat » Sat 19 Feb, 2011 8:03 am

Shadow wrote:
Koched wrote:Hey guys,

I've recommended these before....

FIRST choice, I’d get the GA Precision FBI HRT Rifle……
It’s built with a GAP TEMPLAR Short Action in .308 WIN
22” Bartlein SS 5R barrel / 1-11.25 Twist
McMillan A3-5 Adjustable, Stock with 1 Stud 6 Flush Cups and an Adjustable KMW Cheek Piece & Spacer System Butt Plate.

It also comes equipped with a Sure Fire 7.62SSAL Suppressor Adaptor/Muzzle Brake attached. Plus many other great features. 3/8 MOA guarantee with Match Grade Ammo. You can check it out at this link:

http://www.gaprecision.net/ga-precision-2010-custom-rifles/ga-precision-fbi-hrt-rifle.html

SECOND choice would be……..The GA Precision Hospitaller
It’s built with a Surgeon Mod 591 intregal Short action - .308 WIN
24” Fluted Bartlein SS 5R barrel / 1/11 twist
Manners Composites, T-4A Adjustable Stock
It also has a lot of other great features. 1/2 MOA guarantee with match grade ammo. Check it out at this link:

http://www.gaprecision.net/ga-precision-2010-custom-rifles/ga-precision-hospitaller.html

Good Luck....
:drill:

Oh yeah...For fun, read some of the testimonials ...especially the one from HRT-Quantico, VA. :cool:

:poke: Keep in mind my opion is somewhat biased: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=2381

I can't speak for the Hospitaller but I really enjoy shooting my FBI-HRT. :bow: Thanks Shadow :bow:

I own my fair share of Bolt Action Production Riffles and I have to say this has to be the smoothest Bolt Gun I has had the pleasure of shooting. My 98B is a close second. Knowing this is a Custom Riffle my expectations were a little higher and this Riffle surpassed all my expectations so far.

I have about 40 Rounds down the Pipe including 20 Rounds for Break-in and I am already grouping .201 MOA at 236 Yards.

Love it!

"Safety" "yea I heard of it. It's that mechanism on the side of a Gun to keep you from shooting people you like".

"Talked to GA Precision yesterday. Conversation basically went straight to "Credit Card Number please"...Gun should be ready in about 4-6 weeks."

tommygun
Military: yes
Law Enforcement: yes
Favorite Firearm: MRAD
Favorite Ammo: Hornady

Postby tommygun » Sat 19 Feb, 2011 10:38 am

I have to agree the GA PERCISION line of 308,s are tops , they may cost more than the run of the mill remington pss series, but they are based off that anyway , i myself hope to have a GA PERCISION HRT sometime this spring - summer

:rl:

User avatarKoched
Active Poster

Postby Koched » Sun 20 Feb, 2011 6:59 pm

Thanks for the advice gentlemen! I have emailed GA Precision to see if they have a distributor in Australia.

User avatarKoched
Active Poster

Postby Koched » Mon 21 Feb, 2011 12:14 am

Turns out I can't get a GA Precision downunder! I am now looking at a H-S Precision HTR in .300 Win. 26" Barrel 1 in 10 twist. Any of you guys had anything to do with these?

User avatarKoched
Active Poster

Postby Koched » Mon 21 Feb, 2011 5:19 am

Link for the model I'm looking at - http://www.hsprecision.com/shop/rifles/ ... l/htr.html

Return to General Discussion