Moderators: Barrett Forum, Samurai, Barrett

User avatarSolidC
Poster
NRA Member: yes
Favorite Firearm: Rec7
Favorite Ammo: SSA or Hornady

My Rec7

Postby SolidC » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 10:01 pm

My new Rec7, foliage green magpul stuff. Pmag for looks only (its a 5.56 and although it will chamber a few rounds of 6.8, I'd never shoot from it.)! I live in cali and can only get cheap bushmaster 10/30 mags or PRI 10 rounders. Nobody modifies the Barretts for california yet :conf: My 'lil glockie 26 too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Barrett cannot legally sell any of its products to lawbreakers. Therefore, since California's passing of AB50, the state is not in compliance with the US Constitution's 2nd and 14th Amendments, and we will not sell nor service any of our products to any government agency of the State of California." Ronnie Barrett

User avatarSamurai
Site Admin
Military: yes
Law Enforcement: yes
Carry Permit: yes
Favorite Firearm: FN LAR Paratrooper
Favorite Ammo: 7.62 mm

Re: My Rec7

Postby Samurai » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 11:31 pm

Nice... :cheer:
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

People think I'm paranoid because I own guns.
If I own guns, what do I have to be paranoid about?

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"
is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".

SEMPER FI

darksoldier300
Board Veteran
Favorite Firearm: 82a1 allways will be

Postby darksoldier300 » Wed 24 Mar, 2010 4:53 pm

very sweet i love the color :cheer:
hope for the best prepare for the worst

User avatarDEDMNKY
Continuing Member

Postby DEDMNKY » Thu 25 Mar, 2010 3:58 am

i'm sooooooooo jealous nice firearm :cheer:
BARRETT 82A1 SEMI AUTOMATIC WITH LEUPOLD MARK 4 8.2-25X50MM WITH BORS
BUSHMASTER M-4
RUGER MINI-14 WITH LEUPOLD 3-9
WASR AK-47
CHINESE SKS
2 XD-45
BERETTA PX4 STORM 45
SPRINGFIELD ARMORY 1911 A1
SIG SAUER 1911
PARA ORDINANCE WARTHOG 45
SMITH & WESSON 500 MAG
IMI DERSERT EAGLE 50ae

User avatarSolidC
Poster

Postby SolidC » Thu 25 Mar, 2010 4:10 am

Thanks guys! :cheer: Very tough to get certain guns in Cali. Have to find someone in a less oppressive state who is willing to modify a brand new gun to meet state requirements. Places like Lanworldinc.com and in my case, Backwoodsguns.com are really essential to Californians who want the guns the rest of the country gets. (with legal modifications of course :nuts: )
"Barrett cannot legally sell any of its products to lawbreakers. Therefore, since California's passing of AB50, the state is not in compliance with the US Constitution's 2nd and 14th Amendments, and we will not sell nor service any of our products to any government agency of the State of California." Ronnie Barrett

User avatarLeoAtrox
Continuing Member

Re: California

Postby LeoAtrox » Thu 25 Mar, 2010 8:54 am

With regards to California compliance, you really only have to be concerned with the flash supressor. There's nothing else on the upper that would be a problem (that I'm aware of). Everything on the lower is standard AR-15; so you can swap out the magazine release for a "bullet-button" or other compliant magazine catch, and/or the stock and pistol grip for something compliant. I think PRI makes 10-rd 6.8 SPC magazines. Heck, if there's a compliant alternative to the flash supressor, you can swap that out too. Just keep in mind that the bullet diameter is larger than 5.56mm so you don't blow up a new muzzle device.
"Stupid can happen anywhere at any time; so you best be prepared for it."
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Semper fidelis

User avatarSolidC
Poster

Postby SolidC » Fri 26 Mar, 2010 8:45 pm

Actually Flash suppressors and the other "evil" features are OK as long as you have a bullet button. The thing is, you have to build your own gun. If you want a Barrett or Sig or MSAR AUG etc... You can only buy them complete. We need an out-of-state dealer, where those guns are legal with standard mag releases etc..., to modify the guns with bullet buttons, and swap out mags for 10 rounders then they can ship em to us. Thats why Lanworldinc.com and a few others (although they seem to be more common these days than even 1 year ago) are crucial for California gun buyers. Although bullet buttons are legal (and calguns.com will help you if you should run into legal trouble with a legally configured rifle), most gun dealers in California still wont deal with them for fear the California DOJ will hassle them even more than the BATF already does. For instance, here in Fresno, A pro-gun town (for California) of over half a million people and at least a dozen gun shops, only 2 shops that I know of will deal with Bullet button guns.
As for flash hiders, I noticed the A2 style that comes with the Rec7 has a bore larger than 6.8. .308 I think someone said. I was just wondering how many other flash hiders have leeway on caliber, since the standard threading for 6.8s is 5/8 24 tpi, and the Rec7 has standard 5.56 AR threading. Looks like I can get a vortex in 6.8 with the right threads, but not a Wilson accu-tac like I Wanted. I would never use a muzzle device (or anything else for that matter) that I wasnt absolutely sure was safe to use. If in doubt I would contact both the manufacturer of the gun and the muzzle device to be sure.
P.S. LeoAtrox - My friend brought his Brand new POF .308 with 20" barrel over a few hours ago. Beautiful gun, almost a shame to put wear and tear on such a sculpture! Hows the Benelli M4? I'm in the market for a scattergun.

User avatarHognuts
Valued Member

Postby Hognuts » Sun 28 Mar, 2010 11:10 am

Congrats on the rifle. I would be loading up my sh..tuff and heading anywhere but there...Nancy Pelosi and all of the politics related to your state sicken me. :bs:

User avatarSolidC
Poster

Postby SolidC » Tue 30 Mar, 2010 1:26 am

You said it hognuts! (hognuts! ha! :rofl: ). However, since the bullet button has come around, we have a whole new generation of shooters (if only all of us voted) buying guns for the first time. The state DOJ is beside itself trying to figure out a way to ban "assault rifles", but the harder they try, the more citizens buy Bullet button ARs, Aks, etc... Hopefully someday theyll just give up and allow us to follow the rules the rest of you guys have. As it is, if they find a way to ban bullet button rifles, all of us who purchased them legally, would have to register them as assault weapons, allowing us to remove our bullet buttons thereby making my gun many times more deadly than it is with the button (haha) which is what they were trying to avoid in the first place. And I think there are more than 50,000 bullet button ARs in Cali, so the DOJ is between a rock and a hard place. A stalemate. The legislators would just give up the "assault rifle" ban if they had any sense...

User avatarLeoAtrox
Continuing Member

Postby LeoAtrox » Tue 30 Mar, 2010 3:38 pm

SolidC wrote:As for flash hiders, I noticed the A2 style that comes with the Rec7 has a bore larger than 6.8. .308 I think someone said. I was just wondering how many other flash hiders have leeway on caliber, since the standard threading for 6.8s is 5/8 24 tpi, and the Rec7 has standard 5.56 AR threading. Looks like I can get a vortex in 6.8 with the right threads, but not a Wilson accu-tac like I Wanted. I would never use a muzzle device (or anything else for that matter) that I wasnt absolutely sure was safe to use. If in doubt I would contact both the manufacturer of the gun and the muzzle device to be sure.

A Barrett rep, Tim Mulverhill, stated that the flash supressor on the Rec7 is, in fact, the same A2 flash supressor put on 5.56 rifles; and that the A2 flash hider has something close to a .30 caliber opening. Since it does not have a constrictive opening, it isn't a problem. If you were to get a brake or another flash supressor though, you may have issues because the opening could be constrictive and the .277 round might not make it clean through.

SolidC wrote:P.S. LeoAtrox - My friend brought his Brand new POF .308 with 20" barrel over a few hours ago. Beautiful gun, almost a shame to put wear and tear on such a sculpture! Hows the Benelli M4? I'm in the market for a scattergun.

I just shot the P-308 for the first time last weekend. It is a sweet shooter. Unbelievably light on the shoulder; so much so that I've scrapped the idea of having a 5.56mm SPR to compliment the carbine I'm completing this spring. I built the P-308 from a stripped lower and a complete upper, so the fact that it operated perfectly the first time out was nice. Its pretty well decked out with a Magpul PRS, ambi safety, KNS Gen. 2 Mod. 1 anti-rotation trigger pins, RRA 2-stage NM trigger, and Harris bipod; but I need to make a couple more upgrades (a CAA UPG16 with Target Shooting Stand is waiting to be installed; and I've got to ditch the Whitetail Classic and get a decent tactical/target optic). I'm a little out of practice when it comes to precision shooting, so I don't have nice groups to report or show off. But I could occasionally keyhole some shots if I concentrated hard enough--and this with cheapo Winchester 147-gr--so I'm fairly certain that the rifle is a better shot than I am.

The Benelli M4 is awesome. It creates big holes right where I want them, so I love it. Kick is reasonable since it's gas-operated, and it shoots slugs pretty accurately for a smooth-bore 18.5" shotty. Got it upgraded with a titanium 6(or 7)-shot magazine from Carrier Comp, a larger titanium charging handle, an enlarged bolt release, and a tactical (breeching and pain-compliance) choke. So it's pretty much ready to rock and roll in CQB. I'd like to get a light mount and a stock with a shorter length of pull--the LOP on Benelli guns seems to be a bit long, even for my 6' 3" dentist--but I don't need those right away. If I can only have one shotgun, I'm glad I've got an M4. That said, a pump action is still very much on the "want" list ...
"Stupid can happen anywhere at any time; so you best be prepared for it."
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Semper fidelis

User avatarSolidC
Poster

Postby SolidC » Tue 25 May, 2010 10:08 pm

New shots, got a little artistic with the shots. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to Show & Tell