Turrett first field test...Very cool!!!

Show Off Your Stuff and Tell Us What You Have

Moderators: Barrett Forum, Samurai, Barrett

Turrett first field test...Very cool!!!

Postby Hognuts on Mon 30 May, 2011 2:12 pm

Here is some videos of the first outing with the Turrett mount on the quad, pretty cool, Four hits on the elk @ 725 yards with an 800 grain barnes bore rider, used the same dope as 750 amax, elevation was perfect, four different shooters and we had a perfect horizontal string on the target, elevation was right on. There was a little wind right to left, (5mph) I had dialed 3/4 moa and held center, I hit behind the popper, Beau and Vegas shot and hit close to my impact kind of bracketed mine, then Joe shot and held an additional 2 moa of right wind and drilled center mass on the popper, the mount seems to work as designed, you definitely get some spring vibration and if your teeth are clenched it is undesirable!

15 moa elevation with 225 grains of h50bmg and 800 grain bore rider. 725 yards, :camo:

Here are the impacts on the elk.

Better video from Vegas's camera

Image :camo:
Hognuts
Valued Member

Re: Turrett first field test...Very cool!!!

Postby Barrett1 on Tue 31 May, 2011 8:32 am

That's awesome! I sure hope photobucket can hold up, cause I just shared one of the videos on the Barrett Facebook page.
Barrett1

NRA Member: yes
Favorite Firearm: Whatever is in my hands.

Postby vegas on Tue 31 May, 2011 2:12 pm

Kevin Fry wrote:That's awesome! I sure hope photobucket can hold up, cause I just shared one of the videos on the Barrett Facebook page.

Thanks for resetting my account Kevin. After my computer took a crap a month ago i had been unable to log in.

The quad mount works well and looks bad ***. The spring reverb is hard on the jaw and teeth but takes up almost all recoil.

Belive it or not mounting a Barrett to your quad is NOT illegal in Nevada, provided you are not on a public road or hunting from the quad.
vegas
Active Poster

Postby Hognuts on Tue 31 May, 2011 9:49 pm

Kevin Fry wrote:That's awesome! I sure hope photobucket can hold up, cause I just shared one of the videos on the Barrett Facebook page.

That is cool, I had meant to put some up on the Barrett page once we got it all painted and finished, it still looks pretty mean "in the rough" But it should look really good once we get it fine tuned and throw a coat of flat black on it and have the rear rack finished. (there may be an electric over air rear adjustment for the monopod if I get all of the engineering logistics of that worked out!) I think it may help with the spring reverberation too having another point of contact with the rifle.
Hognuts
Valued Member

Postby DEDMNKY on Thu 02 Jun, 2011 5:42 pm

That is too cool Hognuts i wanna mount mine on dash of my car. :cheer:
BARRETT 82A1 SEMI AUTOMATIC WITH LEUPOLD MARK 4 8.2-25X50MM WITH BORS
BUSHMASTER M-4
RUGER MINI-14 WITH LEUPOLD 3-9
WASR AK-47
CHINESE SKS
2 XD-45
BERETTA PX4 STORM 45
SPRINGFIELD ARMORY 1911 A1
SIG SAUER 1911
PARA ORDINANCE WARTHOG 45
SMITH & WESSON 500 MAG
IMI DERSERT EAGLE 50ae
DEDMNKY
Continuing Member

Postby Hognuts on Fri 03 Jun, 2011 12:14 am

Better than a little bob'n dog any day!!! :rofl:
Hognuts
Valued Member

Return to Show & Tell