NRA Member: yes
Military: yes
Law Enforcement: yes
Carry Permit: yes
Favorite Firearm: MRAD
Favorite Ammo: Hornady

FLUTED / NON FLUTED BARREL

Postby tommygun » Thu 28 Jun, 2012 4:52 pm

Was at my favorite dealership today , i walk in the door and to my surprise there is a MRAD setting on the counter , ahhhhh i fell in love with it , played around with it for a while , well all i can say is as soon as i sell something else i will be back there , i was wanting to know i have seen many articles and pics on the MRAD some have fluted barrels same finish as the rest of the reciever and the one i looked at today had a blued barrel non fluted which is perfectly fine with me i was just wondering how they are currently being shipped , again this was blued , probably the 24 1/2 lenght is this so

User avatarBarrett Forum
Site Admin

Re: FLUTED / NON FLUTED BARREL

Postby Barrett Forum » Fri 29 Jun, 2012 9:47 am

You are correct, sir. This is due to a currently estimated 4 month wait for the fluted barrels, while non-fluted blued barrels are available now. The "heavy" non-fluted only adds about 3/4 lb.

tommygun
Military: yes
Law Enforcement: yes
Favorite Firearm: MRAD
Favorite Ammo: Hornady

Postby tommygun » Fri 29 Jun, 2012 3:13 pm

Actually i perfer the heavy barrel myself , but thats just me either way hope to have one in a couple months

User avatarBarrett Forum
Site Admin

Postby Barrett Forum » Thu 12 Jul, 2012 9:23 am

Seeing these variations helps further demonstrate the interchangeability of barrels for the MRAD system. Our price list (http://barrett.net/pdfs/Price-List.pdf) currently offers 4 different barrel configurations for .338 Lapua Magnum. The idea behind this modular platform is to continuously add different barrels, calibers & lengths to the configuration.

As the platform continues to expand, it is quite possible you may see a different barrel on the MRAD every time you encounter one.

sib1948
Favorite Firearm: DTA SRS A1
Favorite Ammo: 260 Rem 140gr. Berger BT

Postby sib1948 » Sat 14 Jul, 2012 6:47 am

Just picked up my MRAD a week ago and the Leupold Mark IV 4.5-14X50 M1 being added today and the to the range in the next few weeks. Any timeline when the 308 conversions will be commercially available to civilians?

Return to MRAD