More mile shots.

Single Shot Rifle

Moderators: Barrett Forum, Samurai, Barrett

More mile shots.

Postby vegas on Thu 14 Oct, 2010 10:26 am

The new shooting area Hog and i were scouting yesterday. The sandy backstop is one mile away with a 25x18" target out there.

Hits on the target after a 5 rounds each

Even at 1760 yards the 50 still has enough power to wreck havoc on my stand. It bent the angle iron, busted 2 welds and split the square tubing.

2 amax bullets recovered after their mile flight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfkUcCrE-Rs
Bill AKA Hognuts shooting a 25x18" ispc target at 1 mile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7qWKoqgUwk
Me shooting at the same target, hit 3 of 5 on the target and 1 on my poor stand.

I cant get the videos to embed :?: :?: :?:
Bushmaster XM15
Savage 223 bolt
Rem 700 .308
6.5 Creedmoor w/ ACIS 2.0
DPMS 308 LR
Barrett 99
Keltec p32
vegas
Active Poster

Re: More mile shots.

Postby Bad Rat on Thu 14 Oct, 2010 6:58 pm

Awesome...
"Safety" "yea I heard of it. It's that mechanism on the side of a Gun to keep you from shooting people you like".

"Talked to GA Precision yesterday. Conversation basically went straight to "Credit Card Number please"...Gun should be ready in about 4-6 weeks."
Bad Rat

NRA Member: yes
Carry Permit: yes
Favorite Firearm: 98B, 82A1, 1911 TRP
Favorite Ammo: Hornady A-Max & V-Max

Postby Hognuts on Thu 14 Oct, 2010 11:44 pm

Good times as always...Good shooting with you man! Cant wait for the 2200-2300 hits! :headbang:
Hognuts
Valued Member

Postby Hognuts on Fri 01 Jul, 2011 10:23 pm

We are going out Sunday to push the 99's back to the mile spot and beyond...Pics will follow :camo:

Looking forward to getting out with the fifties with Vegas and the boys! There is another gentleman who is also supposed to be shooting with us shooting a suppressed fifty...I am very curious to see that beast in action! :headbang:
Hognuts
Valued Member

Postby Hognuts on Sun 03 Jul, 2011 2:14 pm

Today we got out and shot at the mile spot, good times as always. The rifles were shooting a little flatter than normal, it was only taking about 51.5 minutes of elevation to get out there, which for me was maxing my scope out at just over 40 minutes of available elevation (I sold my adjustable rings with the BORS to a forum member) So I dialed 41.5 moa and was using my 10 minute hash to hold on target, we scored some good hits and had a great time. Kurt (from LVS teel targets) Shot with us today with his supressed fifty, that thing was pretty impressive, seemed to have more recoil than the Barretts, but the blast, noise was definitely not present. Good day of shooting with good people!

Myself behind the Barrett at the mile mark.

Kurt behind his suppressed fifty

Vegas behind his Barrett.

The view through the USO spotter at a mile.

Looking toward the target area without magnification at a mile.

IMPACT!!!

Gotta love the big bad BARRETT, and its suppressed counterparts !!!:headbang: :headbang:
Hognuts
Valued Member

Return to Model 99