Moderators: Barrett Forum, Samurai, Barrett

stevie_d_64
NRA Member: yes
Military: yes
Carry Permit: yes

Well, I have decided...(Update)

Postby stevie_d_64 » Wed 30 Mar, 2011 9:48 am

Since I am a fast learner...

I have solved my scope issues with the new M99 by placing on order the Nightforce 5-22x56, with the mil-dot reticle, MOA turrets, so that the next purchase beofre the end of the summer will be the BORS system...

Then I believe I will have a riffle that will work for almost all contigiencies...

I would have gone with the big 12-42x56, but I believe that much magnification just create more problems than I want to deal with at this point...

Tax, Title and license from the dealer I am going with for the Nightforce...$1790.00 out the door...Looks like its going to be a 12 week lead time on the order as well, but they say they have been beating that by 4-6 weeks...

Once I get that thing on there, The BORS system is a walk in thr park...They say they can get me hooked up with one of those for about $1100-$1200.00

Then we'll be off to the races... ;)

stevie_d_64
NRA Member: yes
Military: yes
Carry Permit: yes

Re: Well, I have decided...(Update)

Postby stevie_d_64 » Fri 01 Apr, 2011 5:59 pm

Well, they say nothing is certain but death and taxes...Nothing is written in stone... ;)

Discovered a very nice low key gunshop near the house in the next little suburb of souther Harris County, went there today to "scope" (pardon the pun) out the place...

I knew what I wanted and got the order placed...I scaled back the magnification request and decided to get the NF 5.5-22x56 with the non zero-stop and speed MOA turrets...Got a good deal on it at $1600+ TT&L...

Got a call a little while ago and the dealer said that since the goal was to get a BORs system on this rig eventually, that he checked and Barrett has not produced yet a product that will work with these more precise turrets on these NF scopes just yet...

So the dealer and I hem and haw'd over what to do and he said why don't we just go and see what Leopold has to offer??? I thought I was out of the price range for most of the Leopold products and when he said we could go with the Mk4 8.5-25x50mm for $1199 with TT&L I jumped on it...I really thought I would not be able to touch the Leopold's for any price like that at all...

But hey...Already the stars are aligning for me...Got the good API ammo today on the doorstep, and will place another order for that stuff as soon as I figure out how well these work...

And I thought getting into a big Barrett was going to be a tough evolution!!! :rofl:

Return to Model 99