M82A1 For Sale w/ Leupold Mark IV and BORS, right forum

Non-vendor 'for sale' classifieds for forum members.

Moderators: Barrett Forum, Samurai, Barrett

jules_simons

M82A1 For Sale w/ Leupold Mark IV and BORS, right forum

Postby jules_simons » Fri 15 Jan, 2010 2:59 am

I paid over $14,000.00 for this rifle :shock: , I totally got ripped off :owned: . I am having to sell it because I do not use it and I would rather buy a new transferable MG. It has less that 100 rounds through it. I am letting it go at $11,000.00 I will take care of transfer to your dealer. Comes with Leupold Mark IV, BORS and all user manuals and software. Email me at jules_simons@yahoo.com if you are interested. It's a great gun but I am sad that I got ripped off so bad by my "trusted" gun dealer. ALSO, this M82A1 has the new Sniper trigger package installed. The package was meant for the military 107 but I got my hands on one and had it installed. Don't pay $14,000.00 when you can save $3,000+ here. I have seen these in the gunshop with only the Mark IV (without BORS) for $12,500. Also, picture #3 looks like it has scratches on it, its only oil I rubbed it right off if you are seriously interested I will email you with more pics to prove what I say is true about the oil. Gun is in hand, no six month wait or backorder. I only have one and it is ready to go!! Certified check or money order only. Any feedback also appreciated.

User avatarFalconpilot

Re: M82A1 For Sale w/ Leupold Mark IV and BORS, right forum

Postby Falconpilot » Fri 15 Jan, 2010 8:01 am

Could you go into a bit more detail about the "sniper' trigger?

Dennis
Who is left to defend the constitution from the tyrants? The people, thats who...

jules_simons

Postby jules_simons » Fri 15 Jan, 2010 11:22 am

I gives it a lighter and smoother pull, I can't tell the difference with most trigger pulls but my dealer got two of them. He put one into his 107 and let me have the other. I don't know how many pounds it takes off and I can't find any info on it online, I'm guessing it's pretty new and it's not been talked about too much.

Ridz

Postby Ridz » Fri 15 Jan, 2010 12:28 pm

are you a dealer? "only have 1 and it's ready to go". Do you know the brand of trigger, not sure what the selling point was on the package to make you pay 14 grand? Just doing the math in my head here...8 for the gun, 3 for the optics & bors, that leaves a 3 thousand dollar trigger job? :conf:

jules_simons

Postby jules_simons » Fri 15 Jan, 2010 12:47 pm

No i'm not a dealer, I paid retail for this from a gun shop without doing much research on what I could have gotten it for. Right now at that same shop they are selling the M82A1 w/out a scope or BORS for $12,500.00, they really rip people off there.

jules_simons

Postby jules_simons » Fri 15 Jan, 2010 12:48 pm

It's a Barrett trigger pack.

User avatarm82a1pa
NRA Member: yes
Military: yes
Carry Permit: yes
Favorite Firearm: M82A1
Favorite Ammo: Reloads

Postby m82a1pa » Fri 15 Jan, 2010 3:34 pm

The only 'after market' trigger I've ever hear about is the one offered by Anzio Ironworks for an 82. At $650, sans shipping costs to and back as they have to install it, makes it a bit pricey (to me). Does Barrett then offer a drop in replacement? A more verbose reply and description would be helpful.

jules_simons

Postby jules_simons » Fri 15 Jan, 2010 4:57 pm

This trigger pack, from what I am told, is not on the civilian market. The gunsmith who installed it is certified to work on and distribute Barrett rifles in South Carolina. These trigger packs were meant primarily for M107's in use by the armed forces. Since he received two from the factory he graciously installed one for me since I had to send my BORS back to Barrett for repairs, they gave me a brand new BORS system (the elevation knob froze). It's not a "drop in", the internal parts were replaced with the "Sniper Trigger Pack", I do not know if they are tempered differently to allow for more uses. I do know that the trigger has less resistance when it is fired. I am going to ask the Barrett guys about this and I will message you guys when I hear from them, if they even tell me...

User avatarm82a1pa
NRA Member: yes
Military: yes
Carry Permit: yes
Favorite Firearm: M82A1
Favorite Ammo: Reloads

Postby m82a1pa » Sat 16 Jan, 2010 8:49 am

I wish Barrett wouold chime in. The stock trigger is too heavy IMO. And it's a shame the bolt doesn't lock open after the last round.

jules_simons

Postby jules_simons » Sat 16 Jan, 2010 12:04 pm

SOLD!!! :bow:

Return to Community For Sale Listings