LAWMAN
Authorized Vendor
NRA Member: yes
Law Enforcement: yes
Carry Permit: yes
Favorite Firearm: MY BARRET CQ AND AR-15 RIFLES

Open Carry

Postby LAWMAN » Thu 13 May, 2010 8:41 pm

I can tell you I lived in Las Vegas many years and open carry was never a problem, its just the culture. Im in Florida now and the laws are still pretty good. Its unbelieveable to me that certain states are drafting such draconian gun laws. I wish the legislators would stand behind "An armed society is a polite society" or the old addage "If you outlaw guns, only the outlaws will have guns"......

P.S. The violence that has racked Chicago lately is a systematic of urban decay. I speak to some cops out there and they said they are so under manned that when they here shootings they wait for it to be over instead of doing what they have to do because a lack of officers. Inner cities have always been tough to police. There is often very little community support and the narcotics trade fuels the fire. Unfortunately the justice system in every state is ill equipped to deal with the issue and we have become a more liberal society...

User avatarLeoAtrox
Continuing Member

Re: Open Carry

Postby LeoAtrox » Fri 14 May, 2010 9:43 am

Understaffed? More like mismanaged. They can get 30+ uniformed officers to a shooting within minutes. Can't stop anybody from shooting at people though (even officers). They aren't even an effective deterrant against gang violence. The gangs don't care about cops because they know the cops are afraid of them. A couple weeks ago nearly 40 officers were present at the location of a shooting, and they (the officers) were shot at. Did they find out who was shooting at them? No. They ducked and covered, and waited for the shots to stop. Then they went about their business chatting to one another while detectives interviewed witnesses. What good are 30 uniformed officers standing around if they can't even deter a follow-up shooting? They might be good people, but Chicago cops are pretty close to worthless because they're mismanaged and poorly trained.
"Stupid can happen anywhere at any time; so you best be prepared for it."
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Semper fidelis

Return to Legislation & 2nd Amendment