MRAD videos & articles

Multi-Role Adaptive Design

Moderators: Barrett Forum, Samurai, Barrett

MRAD videos & articles

Postby Barrett1 on Thu 11 Nov, 2010 10:13 am

In case you missed it, here's a link to our youtube page for the MRAD video: click here

If you find other videos, articles, or blogs you want to share, you can link them in this thread.
Barrett1

NRA Member: yes
Favorite Firearm: Whatever is in my hands.

Re: MRAD videos & articles

Postby Ludington1 on Thu 11 Nov, 2010 10:49 am

Hi Kevin,
Any clues on pricing and availability? I've started my MRAD savings account already!

Darren
Ludington1

Carry Permit: yes
Favorite Firearm: Barrett M99-A1

Postby Barrett1 on Thu 11 Nov, 2010 3:20 pm

I believe there will be more info announced during the upcoming SHOT show in January.
Barrett1

Favorite Firearm: Whatever is in my hands.

Postby DEDMNKY on Tue 16 Nov, 2010 9:25 am

It is a great idea as long as the price point is not to high. i am still waiting for the 416 semi upper ( HINT,HINT) to come out for my 82a1. :rl:
BARRETT 82A1 SEMI AUTOMATIC WITH LEUPOLD MARK 4 8.2-25X50MM WITH BORS
BUSHMASTER M-4
RUGER MINI-14 WITH LEUPOLD 3-9
WASR AK-47
CHINESE SKS
2 XD-45
BERETTA PX4 STORM 45
SPRINGFIELD ARMORY 1911 A1
SIG SAUER 1911
PARA ORDINANCE WARTHOG 45
SMITH & WESSON 500 MAG
IMI DERSERT EAGLE 50ae
DEDMNKY
Continuing Member

Postby Shadow on Tue 16 Nov, 2010 5:53 pm

DEDMNKY wrote: i am still waiting for the 416 semi upper ( HINT,HINT) to come out for my 82a1. :rl:

Yeah......Right....... Don't be silly. :poke:

Just enjoy your .50BMG. Besides Ammo is a lot cheaper. :cheer:

Personally, I can't imagine how anyone could justify owning both a .416 and a .50BMG Barrett upper to use with a single lower. Unless you want to end up with a $15,000 rifle (lower + 2 uppers + 2 scopes). :gay:

Now on the AR platform, that's a whole different scenario. And a lot cheaper to have caliber options.... :mrgreen:

Not a criticism, Amigo - just an opinion.

Peace......
:cool:
ImageImageImageImage
Shadow
Continuing Member

Military: yes
Law Enforcement: yes
Favorite Firearm: Any .50BMG Barrett
Favorite Ammo: API, of course

Postby Ridz on Wed 17 Nov, 2010 1:28 pm

not to diss barrett, but doesn't this rifle already exist in the Desert Tactical SRS http://www.deserttacticalarms.com/
multi caliber options, bolt action, but the srs is shorter, lighter, and 1/4 moa guaranteed. This is a tough rifle system to compete against.
Ridz

Postby Shadow on Thu 18 Nov, 2010 1:15 am

Ridz wrote:not to diss barrett, but doesn't this rifle already exist in the Desert Tactical SRS http://www.deserttacticalarms.com/
multi caliber options, bolt action, but the srs is shorter, lighter, and 1/4 moa guaranteed. This is a tough rifle system to compete against.

Yes, I agree the SRS is going to be really tuff to beat.

Pricing looks like it'll be around $3.0K for the Chassis, $1900 for the .338 kit and $1500 for the .308 kit (suppressor $$TBD). That adds up to $6400. Then add only one Nightforce Scope and you're done..... After spending about $8K+ which ain't tooo bad really....:cheer:

Considering it's a bullpup config the max length is only 38". That makes for a nice package. Since only the barrels and bolts are swapped out, you only need to get 1 scope, etc. so it makes it an interesting 2-4 multi-caliber "Bolt Gun" choice.

The only wonderment I have, is what's the trigger like in the bullpup configuration? I guess I'll have to get my hands on one to find out.

In addition to ALREADY having .338LM and .308 bolt rifles, I have an AR-X15 lower with a .556 upper (scoped for varmits) and a .450BM upper with an EOtech (for CQB and Pigs). So by getting an SRS Bolt rifle in .338LM and .308, I'd only have two receivers with 4 caliber options.

I'll have to check out the SRS and MRAD (together) in person to see how they stack up against each other. Then buy one and sell some of my "extra" rifles to cut down on the amount of gear to pack. ****, that'll mean I'll have another spare $1,500 scope laying around. :rofl:
ImageImageImageImage
Shadow
Continuing Member

Military: yes
Law Enforcement: yes
Favorite Firearm: Any .50BMG Barrett
Favorite Ammo: API, of course

Postby DEDMNKY on Thu 18 Nov, 2010 9:41 am

Shadow wrote:
DEDMNKY wrote: i am still waiting for the 416 semi upper ( HINT,HINT) to come out for my 82a1. :rl:

Yeah......Right....... Don't be silly. :poke:

Just enjoy your .50BMG. Besides Ammo is a lot cheaper. :cheer:

Personally, I can't imagine how anyone could justify owning both a .416 and a .50BMG Barrett upper to use with a single lower. Unless you want to end up with a $15,000 rifle (lower + 2 uppers + 2 scopes). :gay:

Now on the AR platform, that's a whole different scenario. And a lot cheaper to have caliber options.... :mrgreen:

Not a criticism, Amigo - just an opinion.

Peace......
:cool:

No worries My friend it would be cool to have both but i pry wopuld never get it because i do enjoy my 50 so much. Besudes the 50 is so much more versitile when the 416 may be faster but you just have the one projectile for it .

I agree when you factor in the scope and the upper it does get unreal in the cost aspect of it and it is :nuts:

i really would like to have a 6.8 upper for my bushy or even a 50 beowulf for it. Those are more of a reality for me right now any way. i will have one or the other soon i hope. :cheer:
BARRETT 82A1 SEMI AUTOMATIC WITH LEUPOLD MARK 4 8.2-25X50MM WITH BORS
BUSHMASTER M-4
RUGER MINI-14 WITH LEUPOLD 3-9
WASR AK-47
CHINESE SKS
2 XD-45
BERETTA PX4 STORM 45
SPRINGFIELD ARMORY 1911 A1
SIG SAUER 1911
PARA ORDINANCE WARTHOG 45
SMITH & WESSON 500 MAG
IMI DERSERT EAGLE 50ae