Model 99 Trigger Pin

Single Shot Rifle

Moderators: Barrett Forum, Samurai, Barrett

User avatarfreddy979
Poster

Model 99 Trigger Pin

Postby freddy979 » Sat 22 May, 2010 3:25 pm

After a shooting session last week I noticed that the trigger axis pin had moved in place from one side to the other. Not enough to cause any problems, but mine just seems really loose. I am able to push it back to center with a fingertip so no big deal. I just don't want it to fall out in the woods someplace. Maybe I'll just throw a small piece of tape over each side to be sure.

Have any of you guys noticed this?

User avatarBad Rat
NRA Member: yes
Carry Permit: yes
Favorite Firearm: 98B, 82A1, 1911 TRP
Favorite Ammo: Hornady A-Max & V-Max

Re: Model 99 Trigger Pin

Postby Bad Rat » Sat 22 May, 2010 6:19 pm

"Safety" "yea I heard of it. It's that mechanism on the side of a Gun to keep you from shooting people you like".

"Talked to GA Precision yesterday. Conversation basically went straight to "Credit Card Number please"...Gun should be ready in about 4-6 weeks."

User avatarfreddy979
Poster

Postby freddy979 » Sun 23 May, 2010 8:48 am

Yeah, I saw that post, but I think it is refering to a different pin further back in the trigger assembly. The pin I'm talking about isn't a roll pin. It is the trigger pin itself.

I may have read that post wrong, but a roll pin is completely different part than the trigger pin.
Barrett Model 99 32" FDE .50 BMG

vegas
Active Poster

Postby vegas » Mon 24 May, 2010 3:50 pm

Any chance of a picture of the offending pin? Just to eliminate any parts terminology?
Bushmaster XM15
Savage 223 bolt
Rem 700 .308
6.5 Creedmoor w/ ACIS 2.0
DPMS 308 LR
Barrett 99
Keltec p32

User avatarRangeRat
NRA Member: yes
Military: yes
Carry Permit: yes

Postby RangeRat » Tue 25 May, 2010 6:01 am

It sounds like the retaining portion of the trigger spring is not engaging in the slot in the trigger pin. You can fix this with some needle nose pliers by removing the trigger spring and bending it down slightly. Be carefule not to bend it too far or it will block the pin hole and you will not be able to get the pin through. If this happens then use a 1/16" punch to lift it out of the way while pushing the pin through.
Lack of planning on your part does NOT constitute an emergency on mine.

User avatarfreddy979
Poster

Postby freddy979 » Tue 25 May, 2010 11:17 am

Thanks. That sounds like that will do it. I figured it would be something easy like that.

User avatarHognuts
Valued Member

Postby Hognuts » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 4:51 am

Mine did this also, I talked to the Barrett guys about it and they reccomened taking it out and installing it with loctite on the pin. I did this, but once it set up, I took it to the range, it fired once, then the trigger would not reset. As it turned out, I had been a little too generous with the loctite, the outer bores are stationary, but the center of the pin has a part of the trigger mechanism that rotates on it, that part had been loctited as well. I took it apart and was able to free up the pivot point and I also used some 1200 grit to "polish" some of the trigger components. It really has helped my trigger pull, it is alot more smooth now than it was new. Hope this helps.

Return to Model 99